Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Teaching electricity


Three more weeks before my job ends. 

Exams are coming fast and soon! We're not getting a lot of students coming out to our after-school program to prep for exams. My lessons need to be more engaging, so I went through some supplies at school and made this awesome matching column quiz with a few basic materials:
  • wire-cutter and wire-stripper
  • 9-volt battery
  • wires
  • metal paperclips
  • bulb
  • cardboard
I worked with four kids after school. Only two stuck around long enough for me to show them this. We stayed until 6:30 pm. It was a long but extremely pretty productive day.


 ABOVE: The front of the matching-column quiz. Students have to place the two wires to the correct answers for the simple circuit to work and the bulb to light up.



ABOVE: I couldn't find a nice cardboard sheet so I rummaged this scrap box from the kitchen! The back of the board, where you can see which wires are connected to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment